Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Challenge #13

Today's challenge is a Use it Up Challenge of a different sort. Design a layout using 2 or more photos you normally wouldn't scrap (ie- the bad ones, the random ones).

The design team did an awesome job with this challenge!
Paula
I don't normally use white cardstock (but I have a ton of it), I am always wondering on how to use vellum so I used a sheet of that.  These photos are the last ones not used from our church Easter celebration and egg hunt.  I mounted the vellum on the white stock.  I chalk inked on the vellum.  I matted the photos (using all scraps) and distressed the edges and chalk inked the edges of those also. Added a few rhinestones and finished!  I figured if I was going to use it up I would try to use up more than just the photos I hadn't gotten to use.

Missy
Here is my layout for the bad photos challenge.  I used some photos of my daughter that I hadn’t planned on scrapping.  Her hair was a mess, she had a huge bruise on her forehead, and one of them is out of focus because she was turning the pages of a book up close to her face.  I wound up really liking the page, though, and I’m glad I scrapped them!  I realized it’s important to scrap even those not-so-great moments because they are STILL moments!  

Connie
I knew just which photos I would use when I received this challenge. These
had been in my "to scrap" pile for about a month. I really like the emotion
in them, even though they are not great photos. I had been debating whether
or not I should create a layout with them. This challenge was just the
motivation I needed.
Have fun with this challenge! And as always, don't forget to link your layouts in the comments!




1 comment:

  1. my LO
    http://scrapperita.blogspot.com/2011/06/settimana-enigmistica.html
    thanks

    ReplyDelete